ALH 1120 Nurse Aide Training
Provide education to individuals in the basic skills necessary to provide personal care services and activities, under the delegation and supervision of a registered or licensed practical nurse, to residents in a long-term care facility. Three classroom, three clinical lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0015 AND MAT 0050 AND Approval of Division Advisor AND background check, health certificate and student health insurance will be required to complete the clinical portion of the course.
- Identify signs and symptoms of infection, including behaviors that prevent the spread of infection.
- Demonstrate ability to act properly regarding safety and emergency procedures.
- Exhibit behaviors in support and promotion of residents' rights.
- Demonstrate observation skills needed in support of the assessment of long-term care residents' health, physical conditions and well-being, including appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrate basic verbal and nonverbal communication techniques, including the identification of factors which may impair communication and the methods to enhance interpersonal skills.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Clinical Hours: 3