ALH 2220 Pathophysiology
Study of human disease using a system approach emphasizing abnormal physiological processes that result in the signs and symptoms of each disorder. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: BIO 1107 OR BIO 1121 OR BIO 1141 OR BIO 2211
- Describe general pathophysiological principles of diabetes mellitus.
- Describe major pathophysiological features of selected disorders involving the following systems: Immune, Gastrointestinal, Reproductive, Cardiovascular, Renal, Respiratory, Central Nervous System.
- Describe various cellular and tissue responses associated with disease.
- Describe general principles of neoplastic disease.
- Describe the major pathophysiological features of hepatitis and AIDS.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3