AUT 2240 Automotive Diesel Systems
This course provides content on light duty diesel applications in automobiles. Students will receive instruction on theory and operation, maintenance, service, repair, and diagnostic skills of diesel engines, fuel systems, exhaust systems, induction, and emission systems. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Describe the theory and operation of a diesel engine.
- Perform service on diesel fuel systems using industry standard procedures.
- Perform maintenance of diesel engine using industry standard procedures.
- Perform service on the induction system using industry standard procedures.
- Perform service on exhaust systems using industry standard procedures.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 3