AVT 1111 Helicopter Private Pilot Ground
Prepares students with the knowledge necessary to successfully complete the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Private Pilot knowledge exam. Topics include pilot training, aircraft systems, aerodynamic principles, safety of flight, air traffic control procedures, weather theory, weather hazards and conditions, federal aviation regulations, aircraft performance, weight and balance principles and navigation procedures.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Aviation Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Describe safety of flight, air traffic control procedures and sources of flight information.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of aircraft systems, including airplanes, power plant and related systems and flight instruments.
- Describe basic weather theory, identify sources of weather information, analyze weather factors, hazards and conditions.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of navigation procedures, including pilotage and dead reckoning and use of navigational aids in cross country flight planning.
- Recognize the aerodynamic principles associated with a helicopter in the flight environment.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3