CHN 1102 Elementary Chinese II
This Elementary Chinese II class intends to help students reach a basic level of Chinese proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in the cultural context. This course will focus on essential speaking and writing skills while helping students develop contextual readings and listening competencies.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CHN 1101
- Know the fundamental rules and principles of writing Chinese characters (stroke order, radicals, etc.) and be able to compose simple sentences and short paragraphs of approximately 50-100 characters.
- Know the essential sentence patterns and be able to comprehend short passages with familiar and contextual vocabulary.
- Understand the basic Chinese norms in socializing as introduced in the course and use the language appropriately according to these norms and rules.
- Command of the Pinyin system and be able to talk about simple everyday activities with accuracy and fluency.
- Be able to follow simple instructions and comprehend short dialogues and passages at normal speed with familiar vocabulary.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4