CHN 2202 Intermediate Chinese II
This course is to help students reach an intermediate level of Chinese proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in the cultural context. It takes an integrated and balanced approach to enable students to apply learned Chinese knowledge to effective oral and written expressions and presentations.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CHN 2201
- Comprehend main themes and most details of general speeches beyond everyday situations and learn to perceive the unstated messages within given contexts.
- Be able to sustain conversations on a variety of topics with accuracy and confidence and start make coherent presentations and arguments.
- Command of common vocabulary and, with the aid of the dictionary, comprehend authentic texts of different topics from literary works to popular cultural materials.
- Be able to use complex sentence patterns and write comprehensive paragraphs and short essays of 100-200 words with more precision.
- Understand the fundamental Chinese belief systems and learn how these ideas have integrated into Chinese vocabulary since ancient times.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3