DEV 0035 Integrated Developmental Reading & Writing II
Integrated reading/writing course focusing on essay writing and critical reading/thinking skills. Includes stated and implied main ideas, college-level vocabulary development, and the stages of the essay writing process.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Department: Developmental Language Arts
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: DEV 0015
- Utilize sound judgments about written materials by applying critical thinking strategies.
- Comprehend and use vocabulary effectively in reading and writing.
- Read and write a variety of texts, demonstrating reading comprehension, clear focus, logical development of ideas, use of appropriate language, and grammatical principles.
- Identify stated and implied main ideas, supporting details and modes of writing in college level readings.
- Develop and use effective reading, writing, and revision strategies.
- Utilize the stages of the essay writing process, identify the structure of essays, and apply principles of organization to written assignments.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4