DIT 1630 Nutrition in the Lifecycle
Nutritional needs of individuals from conception to maturity, including physiological, psychological, environmental and sociological factors affecting nutrition. The Nutrition Care Process is introduced. Incorporates weekly sessions on weight management strategies with a client. Examines nutrition concerns for special health conditions. Two classroom, two clinical hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Nutrition and Dietetics
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DIT 1525
- Complete nutritional assessments on individuals from various stages of the lifecycle.
- Identify and explain the physiological changes that occur throughout the lifecycle and the impact of nutrition on these changes.
- Accurately calculate energy, protein and fluid needs of individuals at various stages of the lifecycle.
- Conduct coaching sessions with client on strategies for weight management.
- Identify the nutritional impact and recommendations associated with vegetarianism, eating disorders, osteoporosis and alcoholism.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Clinical Hours: 2