DIT 2510 Institutional Foodservice Systems
This course incorporates food delivery and production systems, facility and materials management, menu planning, food and non-food procurement, cost and quality control methods. Food safety and sanitation principles will be applied.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Nutrition and Dietetics
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: HMT 1112
- Develop and prepare menus for quantity food production utilizing cost and quality control methods.
- Describe the relationships of foodservice systems and apply principles of menu planning, procurement, receiving, storage and food preparation to quantity food production and service for a variety of settings.
- Evaluate kitchen design, equipment and tools to improve work flow and efficiency of operation in quantity food production and service areas.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction and participate in quality improvement and outcomes development for clinical and customer service.
- Describe methods for evaluating and controlling quality and quantity of food items produced and served in foodservice systems.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3