EGR 2261 Engineering Problem Solving using "C" & "C++"
Solve representative engineering problems with a focus on: writing in object-oriented style, computer control of input/output port control, stand-alone executable code and library linking. Computer solutions of engineering problems using C and C++ incorporating compiling, running, editing and debugging techniques along with language-specific functions, array and pointer structures and stream I/O. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automation and Control Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MAT 1470 OR MAT 1580
- Write code to link various application file libraries to solve specific engineering type problems.
- Utilize "C/C++" command and data structure to develop computer code for sample machine control and positioning.
- Develop simple video graphics display features for utilization in engineering problem analysis.
- Develop, test and debug standard C and C++ program code for specified engineering type problems.
- Write representative C/C++ programs with the focus on object oriented programming style and transportability of code.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3