ENG 2259 Novel Writing
Novel writing covers advanced study of traditional novel elements in a workshop setting, including the mechanics of manuscript submission.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ENG 1101
- Learn techniques of plotting, sub-plotting, and pacing.
- Learn the role of agents, editors, and publishers in marketing novels.
- Demonstrate understanding of manuscript and query letter mechanics.
- Write and revise novel chapters.
- Choose a genre in which to write a novel.
- Collaborate in small groups and a workshop setting.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3