ESL 0130 ESL Reading & Writing I
This class focuses on developing reading and writing skills at the sentence and paragraph level. The class also includes vocabulary development and intensive grammar review.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ESL 0120
- Identify main ideas and supporting details of paragraphs and articles.
- Demonstrate the ability to use level-appropriate general and academic vocabulary words.
- Generate 5-8 sentences to form a paragraph.
- Edit a series of sentences for spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar.
- Demonstrate comprehension of short paragraphs on familiar topics.
- Respond in complete sentences to essay questions.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4