ESL 0135 ESL Reading & Writing II
This class develops reading skills in both fluency and comprehension. Writing skills at the paragraph level and short essay. Advanced vocabulary development and grammar usage are included.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ESL 0130
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and compose a five-paragraph essay.
- Predict meanings of unfamiliar vocabulary using contextual clues and use level-appropriate general academic and discipline-specific vocabulary words correctly.
- Edit writing for content, organization, grammar, and mechanics.
- Draw conclusions from readings on new and familiar topics.
- Make inferences from a variety of reading passages including charts, tables, short stories, and articles.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4