HVA 1401 HVAC Mechanical & Electrical Troubleshooting
Diagnostic methods of mechanical, electrical and control system problems in heating and cooling systems. Other topics include common faults and how to reduce future failures. Two lecture, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: HVA 1201 AND HVA 1221
- Employ accepted component replacement procedures.
- Describe methods for avoiding repeat failures in equipment.
- Describe the function and purpose of safety controls.
- Identify component failure rates.
- Identify common mechanical and electrical problems in light commercial heating and cooling equipment.
- Demonstrate proper troubleshooting techniques on equipment and systems.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 3