JPN 1102 Elementary Japanese II
This Elementary Japanese II class aims to promote students to attain a basic level of Japanese proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in the cultural context. This course will focus on essential speaking and writing skills while helping students improve contextual reading and listening competencies.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: JPN 1101
- Know the basic rules of writing in the combination of Japanese hiragana syllabary, katakana syllabary, and additional Kanji characters including stroke order and compound words. Compose short paragraphs consisting of simple sentences expressing cultural topics and the studentsÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ interests using approximately 50-100 characters.
- Read short passages on subjects relevant to the students and comprehend the content with contextual vocabulary. Read the kun-yomi for each Kanji and on-yomi for compound words
- Understand the Japanese traditional standards in the social context as introduced throughout the course and apply culturally appropriate language skills accordingly.
- Able to talk about simple everyday activities with accuracy and fluency.
- Be able to follow simple instructions and comprehend short dialogs and passages at normal speed with familiar vocabulary.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4