MAS 1103 Clinical Medical Assisting II
This course will introduce students to intermediate-level clinical procedures in a family practice setting such as medical microbiology, minor office surgery, administering therapeutic modalities, preparing and administering medications, and eye and ear procedures. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: MAS 1102 AND BIO 1107 OR BIO 1121 OR BIO 1141 AND HIM 1101
- Describe the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparation and administration of medication.
- Identify principles of medical microbiology.
- Describe the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office surgical procedures, including identifying surgical instruments.
- Examine the principles of electrocardiography including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Analyze the principles of nutrition and diet.
- Comprehend the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparation and administration of therapeutic modalities.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6