MAS 1110 Administrative Medical Assisting I
Administrative duties in a physician's office, including monitoring patient appointments, outpatient procedures, hospital admissions, medical and office equipment maintenance, storing supplies and pharmaceuticals, hiring, evaluating and managing personnel. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: ENG 1101
- Describe major components of various medical telephone systems.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Organize and administer a complete medical office appointment system.
- Describe the concepts of effective communication within the medical office.
- Discuss the role of the medical assistant in developing a medical practice and promoting positive interactions with patients and staff members.
- Discuss the procedures in maintaining a medical office.
- Apply policies for the control, use and release of health information, including identifying public duties relating to reportable information.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 3