MAT 0450 Introductory Statistics Booster
This course is taken in conjunction with MAT 1450, Introductory Statistics. This course reviews prerequisite concepts for the topics in MAT 1450. Each prerequisite concept is covered in this course just prior to being needed in MAT 1450. Topics covered include: use of summation notation, solving equations and inequalities with square roots, and extracting information from tables and graphs. Two lab hours per week. Note: Courses that begin with a zero are developmental in nature. Credit earned in developmental courses will not apply to the overall program hours.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Use summation notation to calculate the sample means, standard deviation, the correlation coefficient, and the value of Chi-Square statistics.
- Solve equations and inequalities with square roots.
- Extract information from tables and graphs and interpret graphical display of data.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions in order to calculate numerical summary statistics, margin of error, test statistics, z-scores, and confidence interval.
- Interpret the rate of change/slope in terms of correct units in the slope-intercept form of a linear equation.
Credit Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2