NSG 1650 Professional Nursing II: Healthcare System Concepts
Explores current federal and state laws, practice standards and organizational regulations that impact healthcare delivery and nursing practice. Identifies the importance of economic resources, ethical principles, and evidence-based practice in improving quality and safety to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a variety of healthcare settings. A minimum of 30 class hours. This is a hybrid course containing both face-to-face and online elements.
Division: Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: NSG 1500 OR NSG 1400 AND NSG 1450
- Explain how current laws, standards and policies influence nursing practice in a variety of settings.
- Summarize the impact of economics on quality and access to health care.
- Investigate the best evidence to support nursing interventions and achieve safe patient outcomes.
- Apply ethical principles in simulated learning experiences.
- Describe the interdisciplinary process of quality improvement to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2