NSG 1700 Health & Illness Concepts I & II
training, and general education courses to care for individuals, families, and populations experiencing health issues across the lifespan. Focuses on RN scope of practice, clinical judgement and refinement of psychomotor skills. A current Ohio LPN license or military training transcripts or military rank equivalency required. Total clock hours for theory: 37.5; Total planned clinical hours: 112.5; Total planned lab hours: 37.5; Clinical and lab hours combined: 150 hours.
Division: Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: BIO 1141 and ALH 2202 and ENG 1101 and MAT 1130
- Conduct health assessments based on human development concepts.
- Utilize the nursing process and critical thinking when making clinical judgments.
- Demonstrate professional, caring, and inclusive behaviors toward diverse clients and their families.
- Integrate current evidence into patient-centered nursing practice.
- Incorporate technology and information management to promote safe patient care.
- Express effective communication skills with clients, family members, and health care team members.
Credit Hours: 7
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical Hours: 9