RAT 2641 Principles of Computed Tomography
Basic instrumentation and application concepts, including computer and x-ray unit components and their application to protocols for acquiring sectional images of various body systems.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Radiologic Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Describe CT instrumentation to include console manipulation, image production and protocol, troubleshooting artifacts, and equipment maintenance.
- Describe the principles of safe practice when using CT equipment.
- Identify normal anatomy on computed tomography images and identify various pathology and diseases on computed tomography images.
- Describe related contrast media used in CT and CTA studies, safe use and contraindications.
- Identify and describe patient care considerations to include patient history and preparation, infection control, patient assessment and emergency care.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3